Wednesday, November 29, 2023

New Covid: It's the Real Thing

 This might be just the rebranding we need to change the script. 


An Australian publication briefly had this headline: Why you don't want to catch new Covid:


Which was unceremoniously changed to: "Covid linked to deadly diseases, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, bowel disease," They explain that "alarming new research suggests catching the virus could have long-term health implications."

But the change wasn't fast enough to avoid scrutiny on the interwebs:
"How do you pivot from a minimiser narrative to 'COVID linked to deadly disease' without looking culpable? Simple. W'ere talking about new COVID, not the old one we've been encouraging you to catch."
Some suggest they hope people don't fall for it, but I really, really hope they do. At this point, I don't care if anyone ever gets in trouble for hiding the reality of how Covid spreads and what this virus can do in the body long term. Lots of people got into politics unaware that a pandemic would change the very nature and urgency of their job, and they made a lot of huge mistakes that cost millions of lives. Absolutely. 

But I don't want vengeance. I want change. 

Let's let them get away with it. We'll agree to stop digging in their emails and pointing out what they knew and when they knew it, and get on board with the message that this version of Covid is COMPLETELY NEW, and we actually have BRAND NEW evidence that it causes long term harm. 

It's bullshit, of course. We've know for years that Covid hibernates in cells all over the body and can destroy immunity like AIDS, and destroy the brain like Alzheimer's, and destroy the ability to just sit up for any length of time like ME/CFS. Covid is unique in that it binds to ACE2 receptors, so it can set up camp anywhere in the body. It should be treated as the formidable opponant it is. If pretending that we're just this minute finding this out will change the way we deal with it, I'm in!    

Let's not share Covid; Covid ends life. Save some lives with N95s! Mask and relax with a well-fitting respirator, today!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So do you think Covid is man made

Laura Fry said...

I'm sick of hearing 'now that covid is over'... 'over', my sweet fanny. Humans are our own worst 'enemy' when it comes to things like pandemics, or anything that makes them 'uncomfortable' be it seat belts, bike helmets, or - apparently - masks and vaccinations. I couldn't understand the denial of the flu epidemic in 1918, but I sure get it now.

Marie Snyder said...

@ Anon - I don't think it matters if it's man made -- I don't think that would change how we react to it (or avoid reacting to it), and that's all I care about at this point. How do we get more people to take precautions regardless all the people getting away with a form of murder.

@ Laura - I bristle whenever someone talks about Covid in the past tense - like one of my profs does regularly. It's a display of the lack of knowledge, which I try to blame more on politics and media instead of the person standing in front of me. But it still bites!